- 1 What cleaning products are safe to use on marble?
- 2 How can I make my marble fireplace shine?
- 3 How do you refresh a marble fireplace?
- 4 How do you clean a burnt marble fireplace?
- 5 Is baking soda safe on marble?
- 6 Is hydrogen peroxide safe for marble?
- 7 What’s the best thing to clean marble fireplace?
- 8 What can I do with an old marble fireplace?
- 9 Is marble good for fireplaces?
- 10 How do you remove water stains from marble fireplace?
- 11 How do you get stains off marble?
- 12 How do you remove stains from a fireplace hearth?
- 13 How do you clean a burnt stone fireplace?
- 14 Can you use the pink stuff on marble?
What cleaning products are safe to use on marble?
Safe Marble Cleaning Solutions Marble surfaces should be cleaned with soft cotton cloths and clean rag mops along with neutral cleaners, mild liquid dishwashing detergent mixed with water, or stone cleaners. If you want to go the easy route, try a commercially available stone cleaner.
How can I make my marble fireplace shine?
Buff the wet-sanded surface with a moistened felt pad or buffing wheel and a buffing powder, such as tin or aluminum oxide. Polishing. Apply a good quality marble polish with a soft cloth. Rub the polish into the surface to protect and revive its shine.
How do you refresh a marble fireplace?
How to Restore Marble Fireplaces
- Dirt – mix whiting and household bleach together to remove any stubborn dirt stains.
- Smoke – mix baking soda with liquid laundry bleach to tackle this problem.
- Rust – whiting and rust-removal jelly are all you need to remove any rust from your fireplace.
How do you clean a burnt marble fireplace?
ANSWER: To clean a chemical residue from the surface of the marble fireplace use acetone from the hardware store. Pour some acetone on the stained area and let it soak for 10 minutes then use an old rag to wipe off. You may need to use a soft-bristle brush as well.
Is baking soda safe on marble?
Baking Soda as a Homemade Marble Cleaner Baking soda is alkaline so you should only use it with caution. It is also a mild abrasive, so you need to use it gently rather than applying elbow grease. Because of these factors, a baking soda cleanser should not be used on marble every day.
Is hydrogen peroxide safe for marble?
So long as the marble is light-colored, you can experiment with hydrogen peroxide. But don’t go near this method if your marble is darker—the bleach could discolor it. The very best way to care for marble is to prevent stains in the first place.
What’s the best thing to clean marble fireplace?
Clean the stone gently with a soft, liquid cleanser with bleach, household detergent, ammonia, mineral spirits or acetone.
What can I do with an old marble fireplace?
What to do if you have an unwanted fireplace that you want to get rid of?
- Sell it to the expert you contacted or another reclamation company. Just google “architectural salvage” and your area to see who’s near.
- Sell it online. There are many different sites are available for you to sell your unwanted fireplace.
Is marble good for fireplaces?
Marble is one of the most popular natural stone materials used in interior design. Because of these properties, marble is the perfect choice for stone fireplaces. Whether it is a marble fireplace mantel or an entire marble fireplace surround, the natural stone will look incredible and be able to withstand the heat.
How do you remove water stains from marble fireplace?
- Remove more difficult stains and water spots with a thick paste of baking soda and water.
- Rub the paste into the stain with a soft cloth. Cover the area with plastic wrap for 24 hours.
- Rinse the paste away with clear water. Dry with a soft cloth.
- Buff hard water accumulations using 0000 steel wool.
How do you get stains off marble?
For most organic food stains, the Marble Institute recommends cleaning with a solution of 12% hydrogen peroxide and a few drops of ammonia; if you spilled anything oil-based, like a vinaigrette, and the stain has set, attack it (gently) with a liquid cleanser that contains “household detergent, mineral spirits, or
How do you remove stains from a fireplace hearth?
To do this, create a paste of either baking soda or cream of tartar mixed with a small amount of water. Apply it to the remaining soot and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. Then scrub with a firm toothbrush or small scrub brush and rinse.
How do you clean a burnt stone fireplace?
A homemade cleaning recipe for stone that works well is to mix 1/2 to 1 cup of trisodium phosphate (TSP) with one gallon of hot water. Dip a scrub brush in the mixture, then use it to clean the stones. It’s messy, but it usually does the trick. An easier solution is to use an enzyme cleaner.
Can you use the pink stuff on marble?
Apply using a nylon scouring pad, rub surfaces and rinse with clean water. NOT SUITABLE ON MARBLE, PLASTIC, ACRYLIC & POLISHED SURFACES. RELATED ITEMS: Universal cleaning paste to degrease, clean and polish a wide variety of hard surfaces.