How do you make marble food coloring with fondant?
- Knead fondant until soft and pliable and split into two balls. Set aside one half.
- Add a few drops of Queen Food Colour Gel.
- Roll the coloured fondant into a log.
- Twist logs around each, then roll to bring them tighter.
- Your beautiful marbled fondant is ready to be rolled out and used for decorating!
Can you put food Colouring in fondant?
Dip the tip of a knife or a toothpick into the food coloring and smear it on the fondant trying to keep it in one general place. Start with a small amount of food coloring. You can always add more later to get a deeper or darker color. For all other colors, purchase white fondant and color it yourself.
What is a fondant cake?
Fondant is an edible icing made of 100% edible ingredients (which makes us question who uses inedible icing). Although the icing is edible, you might see people take the fondant off cakes when they are eating cake because people tend to not like the texture or flavor of fondant. Don’t be shy to eat the icing!
How do you make marble effect with royal icing?
Marbled Royal Icing
- Combine your egg whites, sifted powdered sugar, and cream of tartar in the bowl of your stand mixer with the whisk attached.
- Add water 1 tsp at a time until a ribbon of royal icing goes flat in 15 seconds.
- Color 1/3 of your royal icing hot pink or whatever color you desire.