How do you make a paper marble painting?
Pour your paint into the water. You can either dump it all in or pour selectively, depending on what look you want to achieve. Swirl the colours with your stir stick, blow on the surface with a straw, or use a comb to create marble patterns. Carefully lay sheet of paper on the water, but don’t submerge it.
How do you thicken water for paper marbling?
Mix 1/4 cup of methyl cellulose with 2 quarts of water for the best marbling consistency. Use a whisk to stir the mixture and let it thicken for one hour.
Does acrylic paint float on water?
Squirt a drop of acrylic paint onto the tip of a skewer. Touch the water surface with the skewer tip so the paint transfers to the surface of the water. It should float.
What can I use for marbling?
How to make marbled paper
- Lots of old newspaper to protect your table.
- A large tray with deep sides (we used a foil roasting tin)
- A large jug of cold water.
- Some marbling paint or marbling ink in different colours (you can buy this in craft shops)
- Pieces of paper or card (small enough to fit in the tray)
- A pencil.
What kind of paint do you use for paper marbling?
How to do Paper Marbling with Acrylic Paint and Liquid Starch
- Acrylic paint (either liquid craft acrylic paint OR regular thick acrylic paint that you thin with an equal amount of water)
- Liquid starch (find in the laundry section of the store OR buy online)
- Thick paper, such as watercolor paper or card stock.
How do you make marble prints?
Spray 2-4 colors of paint into the water in quick rotation. The paint will rest on the surface of the water like magic! Keep going till you have a good film of paint on top of the water. Step 2: QUICKLY (otherwise the paint won’t mix properly), drag a skewer through the paint to create a marble pattern.
Which paint is used for marble painting?
The marbling process involves floating acrylic paint on top of a base of thickened water, swirling and moving the paint into unique patterns, then dipping in a piece of wood that will be stained with the pattern.