- 1 What type of land resource is marble?
- 2 Which substance is a natural land resource?
- 3 Which air pollutant is more harmful to human health inside a building than outside quizlet?
- 4 What is land resources explain the kinds of land?
- 5 What is the highest quality marble?
- 6 Is granite better than marble?
- 7 Which natural resource is renewable quizlet?
- 8 What is an aggregate land resource?
- 9 Which natural resource is renewable coal wind topsoil or oil?
- 10 Where are air pollution problems the most severe?
- 11 What are four ways to reduce indoor pollution?
- 12 What are the 6 criteria pollutants?
- 13 What are the five uses of land?
- 14 What is land resources explain with example?
- 15 What are examples of land resources?
What type of land resource is marble?
Marble is a metamorphic rock composed of recrystallized carbonate minerals, most commonly calcite or dolomite.
Which substance is a natural land resource?
Any natural substance that humans use can be considered a natural resource. Oil, coal, natural gas, metals, stone and sand are natural resources. Other natural resources are air, sunlight, soil and water. Animals, birds, fish and plants are natural resources as well.
Which air pollutant is more harmful to human health inside a building than outside quizlet?
Radon gets inside during high pollution days, close windows and doors. Radon is not harmful inside the house, it is more harmful outside.
What is land resources explain the kinds of land?
Land and Land Resources refer to a delineable area of the earth’s terrestrial surface, encompassing all attributes of the biosphere immediately above or below this surface, including those of the near-surface climate, the soil and terrain forms, the surface hydrology (including shallow lakes, rivers, marshes and swamps
What is the highest quality marble?
Calacatta marble is considered as the most luxurious marble type due to its rarity. Calacatta stone is very often mistaken for Carrara marble due to the striking similarities in colour and veining.
Is granite better than marble?
In general, granite is very durable, stain-resistant and lower maintenance than marble. Granite should be sealed after installation, and if done properly, water will bead on the surface. Marble should be thoroughly and regularly protected with a sealant designed specifically for porous stone surfaces.
Which natural resource is renewable quizlet?
Solar, wind, water, geothermal and biomass are renewable energy resources. They can become nonrenewable if polluted or overused.
What is an aggregate land resource?
An aggregate is a mineral resource that comprises of two or more mineral that remains undifferentiated in it. Aggregates are commonly used in construction.
Which natural resource is renewable coal wind topsoil or oil?
Nonrenewable resources exist in fixed amounts and once they are used up, they are gone forever. All fossil fuels such as oil, coal, natural gas and minerals and metals are nonrenewable resources. Once these materials are extracted and used by humans, they cannot be replaced.
Where are air pollution problems the most severe?
Around 91% of the world’s population lives in places where air quality levels exceed WHO limits. While ambient air pollution affects developed and developing countries alike, low- and middle-income countries experience the highest-burden, with the greatest toll in the WHO Western Pacific and South-East Asia regions.
What are four ways to reduce indoor pollution?
Try these simple steps:
- Avoid smoking indoors (but quitting smoking is the best answer for overall health).
- Use craft supplies in well-ventilated areas.
- Make sure your gas stove is well-ventilated.
- Minimize clutter.
- Remove carpeting if possible.
- Use a dehumidifier and/or air conditioner to reduce moisture.
What are the 6 criteria pollutants?
EPA has established national ambient air quality standards (NAAQS) for six of the most common air pollutants— carbon monoxide, lead, ground-level ozone, particulate matter, nitrogen dioxide, and sulfur dioxide —known as “criteria” air pollutants (or simply “criteria pollutants”).
What are the five uses of land?
There are five main different types of land use: residential, agricultural, recreation, transportation, and commercial.
What is land resources explain with example?
Land resources mean the resources available from the land, thus the agricultural land which contain natural fertilizer for growth of the products sown; the underground water, the various minerals like coal, bauxite, gold and other raw materials.
What are examples of land resources?
Some common land or natural resources are water, oil, copper, natural gas, coal, and forests. Land resources are the raw materials in the production process. These resources can be renewable, such as forests, or nonrenewable such as oil or natural gas.