- 1 Is Marble Falls a good place to live?
- 2 What county is Lake Marble Falls in?
- 3 What is Marble Falls known for?
- 4 Does Marble Falls have a waterfall?
- 5 Can you swim in Lake Marble Falls?
- 6 What is the deepest part of Lake LBJ?
- 7 What is there to do in Marble Falls Texas today?
- 8 How deep is Lake Buchanan Texas?
- 9 What towns are close to Marble Falls?
- 10 What is Marble Falls close to?
- 11 What is the elevation of Marble Falls Texas?
Is Marble Falls a good place to live?
Marble Falls was ranked the 43rd best place to retire in Texas and the third best place to raise a family in Burnet County. “Many young professionals and retirees live in Marble Falls and residents tend to lean conservative. The public schools in Marble Falls are above average.”
What county is Lake Marble Falls in?
Lake Marble Falls (also known as Max Starcke Dam) is located near town of Marble Falls in Burnet County, on the Colorado River. The reservoir is owned and operated by the Lower Colorado River Authority for the primary purposes of generating hydroelectric power and water supply.
What is Marble Falls known for?
It’s the perfect place for people who love boating, fishing, golfing, hunting, camping, swimming, bird-watching, and geology. It’s also the shopping mecca of the Highland Lakes with more shops and stores than any of the surrounding towns. There is truly something for everybody in Marble Falls.
Does Marble Falls have a waterfall?
Have you ever wondered why the city of Marble Falls is named Marble Falls when there are no falls to be seen? Well, actually, Marble Falls does have falls — at the bottom of the lake.
Can you swim in Lake Marble Falls?
Lake Marble Falls is a laid-back destination perfect for people who love boating, fishing, swimming, bird-watching, and more. Spend an afternoon enjoying the cool water and soaking up the sun.
What is the deepest part of Lake LBJ?
The area had the only ski lift built in Arkansas, but it was never a commercial success. After the park closed the citizens petitioned to have the name changed back to the city of Marble Falls, and it was changed in 1997. The name of the city has been Marble Falls since that time.
What is there to do in Marble Falls Texas today?
Attractions in Marble Falls
- Balcones Canyonlands National Wildlife Refuge.
- Cypress Valley Canopy Tours.
- Flat Creek Estate.
- Hidden Falls Adventure Park.
- Johnson Park.
- Lakeside Park.
- Longhorn Cavern State Park.
- McReynolds Wines.
How deep is Lake Buchanan Texas?
What towns are close to Marble Falls?
Places to visit about 50 miles from Marble Falls
- TranQuil Gardens RV Park. 51 miles east of Marble Falls:
- Taylor (Texas) 52 miles southeast of Marble Falls:
- San Marcos. 51 miles south of Marble Falls:
- Guadalupe River State Park Road. 52 miles southwest of Marble Falls:
- 290 Texas Trail. 50 miles northwest of Marble Falls:
What is Marble Falls close to?
Marble Falls is nestled in the rolling hills of Central Texas, also known as the Texas Hill Country, and is surrounded by many prestigious lakes, state parks, natural wonders, and dozens of wineries. It’s located about a 1-hour drive northwest of Austin and 1.5 hours from San Antonio.
What is the elevation of Marble Falls Texas?