- 1 What is the volume of a marble in ML?
- 2 What is the average radius of a marble?
- 3 How do you calculate volume?
- 4 What is the weight of 1 marble?
- 5 How do you measure mass of a marble?
- 6 What type of rock is marble?
- 7 What tool did you use to get the volume of the marble?
- 8 What is the volume of the stone?
- 9 How do I calculate the volume of a water tank?
- 10 What size is a shooter marble?
- 11 How can you tell how old marbles are?
- 12 What is the diameter of a marble in inches?
What is the volume of a marble in ML?
2. Marble (using graduate): final volume of water__________ mL.
What is the average radius of a marble?
Most commonly, they are about 13 mm (1⁄2 in) in diameter, but they may range from less than 1 mm (1⁄30 in) to over 8 cm (3 in), while some art glass marbles for display purposes are over 30 cm (12 in) wide. Marbles can be used for a variety of games called marbles.
How do you calculate volume?
Whereas the basic formula for the area of a rectangular shape is length × width, the basic formula for volume is length × width × height.
What is the weight of 1 marble?
The average weight of a regular-sized marble is around 0.16 ounces.
How do you measure mass of a marble?
2. Measure the mass of a marble as accurately as you can (to at least one-‐tenth of a gram). Use a rubber a rubber band to hold the marble on the scale. Record the marble’s mass in the Density Data Table.
What type of rock is marble?
Marble. When limestone, a sedimentary rock, gets buried deep in the earth for millions of years, the heat and pressure can change it into a metamorphic rock called marble. Marble is strong and can be polished to a beautiful luster. It is widely used for buildings and statues.
What tool did you use to get the volume of the marble?
3. For oddly shaped objects, using a water displacement technique can determine the volume. Find the volume of 3 marbles by filling a graduated cylinder to 20 ml. Drop the marbles in and see how much the water rises – this is the volume of the marbles.
What is the volume of the stone?
Subtract the first volume from the second volume to calculate the volume of the stone. For example, if you recorded 40 fluid ounces the first time, and 50 fluid ounces the second time, the stone volume is 10 fluid ounces.
How do I calculate the volume of a water tank?
For a rectangular tank: To find the capacity of a rectangular or square tank: Multiply length (L) by width (W) to get area (A). Multiply area by height (H) to get volume (V).
What size is a shooter marble?
Shooter marbles usually range between 17 – 18.5mm. Also called the “Boss” or “Taw”, the shooter marble is used to play Ringer and other marble games. In official tournaments in the U.S., your shooter must be between 3/4″ and 1/2″.
How can you tell how old marbles are?
Hold the marbles up to the light and look for subtle flaws or marks that indicate the age. Older marbles will have certain bubbles or flaws caused by the glass-blowing process. Compare the colors of one type of marble to another.
What is the diameter of a marble in inches?
In the game of marbles, as played in the United States, two sizes of marble are used: the shooter, or taw, is between ½ inch and ¾ inch in diameter. the target marbles are 5⁄8 inch in diameter.