- 1 What county is Lake Marble Falls in?
- 2 Is Marble Falls Texas a safe place to live?
- 3 Why is it called Marble Falls Texas?
- 4 Can you swim in Lake Marble Falls?
- 5 What happened to Marble Falls?
- 6 How deep is Lake Buchanan Texas?
- 7 Where is Marble found?
- 8 What towns are close to Marble Falls?
- 9 What is Marble Falls close to?
What county is Lake Marble Falls in?
Lake Marble Falls (also known as Max Starcke Dam) is located near town of Marble Falls in Burnet County, on the Colorado River. The reservoir is owned and operated by the Lower Colorado River Authority for the primary purposes of generating hydroelectric power and water supply.
Is Marble Falls Texas a safe place to live?
Marble Falls is in the 28th percentile for safety, meaning 72% of cities are safer and 28% of cities are more dangerous. The rate of crime in Marble Falls is 37.87 per 1,000 residents during a standard year.
Why is it called Marble Falls Texas?
The city is named after waterfalls now located at the bottom of Lake Marble Falls, about where the bridge is anchored. The waterfalls are impossible to see unless the lake is lowered for maintenance on the dam.
Can you swim in Lake Marble Falls?
Lake Marble Falls is a laid-back destination perfect for people who love boating, fishing, swimming, bird-watching, and more. Spend an afternoon enjoying the cool water and soaking up the sun.
What happened to Marble Falls?
The area had the only ski lift built in Arkansas, but it was never a commercial success. After the park closed the citizens petitioned to have the name changed back to the city of Marble Falls, and it was changed in 1997. The name of the city has been Marble Falls since that time.
How deep is Lake Buchanan Texas?
Have you ever wondered why the city of Marble Falls is named Marble Falls when there are no falls to be seen? Well, actually, Marble Falls does have falls — at the bottom of the lake.
Where is Marble found?
Marble can be found all over the world, but the four countries where it is most prevalent are Italy, Spain, India, and China. The most prestigious famous white marble comes from Carrara, Italy.
What towns are close to Marble Falls?
Places to visit about 50 miles from Marble Falls
- TranQuil Gardens RV Park. 51 miles east of Marble Falls:
- Taylor (Texas) 52 miles southeast of Marble Falls:
- San Marcos. 51 miles south of Marble Falls:
- Guadalupe River State Park Road. 52 miles southwest of Marble Falls:
- 290 Texas Trail. 50 miles northwest of Marble Falls:
What is Marble Falls close to?
Marble Falls is nestled in the rolling hills of Central Texas, also known as the Texas Hill Country, and is surrounded by many prestigious lakes, state parks, natural wonders, and dozens of wineries. It’s located about a 1-hour drive northwest of Austin and 1.5 hours from San Antonio.